This version of the document, "Adding a 'Clear' button to Report Worksheets", was written for Excel Invoice Manager, which was now renamed to Uniform Invoice Software. For the latest version of this document, please download Uniform Invoice Software.
Starting with Version 2.6 Build 1010, Excel Invoice Manager supports the Clear button added to all the report worksheets. The Clear button allows you to clear the report worksheets manually. If you are using an invoice template customized from the template included in the previous versions of the software, here are the steps to add the Clear button to your existing template.
- Open your template in Excel and switch to the Sales Report worksheet.
- By default all the report worksheets are not protected. If you have protected them please unprotect them first. For information about how to do this in Excel, see Customizing the Invoice Template.
- Switch to design mode. For information about how to do this in Excel, see Customizing the Invoice Template.
- Click the Print button to select it, press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the button.
- Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
- Move the pasted button with your mouse, to place it on the same row as other buttons.
(Click to enlarge)
- Right click the new button and choose Properties from the menu.
- Enter the name of the command button in the (Name) field on the Properties box. The Clear buttons on different report worksheets must have their own unique name, as detailed in the following table:
|Worksheet name||Name of the Clear button|
|Sales Rep. Report||oknCmdSalesRepReportClear|
- On the same Properties box, enter Clear in the Caption field.
(Click to enlarge)
- Close the Properties window.
- Repeat the above steps for each report worksheet. Note: Please name the button according to the above table.
- Exit design mode. For information about how to do this in Excel, see Customizing the Invoice Template.
- Save the template.