This document was written for version 2 of Uniform Invoice Software, which was previously named Excel Invoice Manager. For the documents that are specific to Uniform Invoice Software, please download the help document, or install the program that already has the help document included.
Password-Protecting an Invoice Template
Adding a password to your invoice template is an easy way to keep your data safe from unauthorized users.
- Open your invoice template.
- Click Excel menu Tools and select Options.
- When the Options dialog box appears, click the Security tab.
Password-protect an invoice template - Figure 1
(Click to enlarge)
- Next, type your password in the Password To Open field. If you want to make your password harder to break, click the Advanced button and choose from a variety of encryption methods.
Password-protect an invoice template - Figure 2
(Click to enlarge)
- Back in the Options dialog box, click OK to set the password. Excel asks you to reenter the password to confirm it.
- Save the invoice template by clicking Excel menu File -> Save.
In Excel 2000, you can set the password by the following steps: Click Excel menu File -> Save As, select Tools -> General Options when the Save As dialog box appears. Enter your password in the Password to open field.
To encrypt your template and set a password to open it:
- Click the Microsoft Office button , point to Prepare, and then click Encrypt Document.
- In the Password box, enter a password, and then click OK.
Password can be up to 255 characters. By default, this feature uses AES 128-bit advanced encryption. Encryption is a standard method used to help make your file more secure.
- In the Reenter password box, type the password again, and then click OK.
- Save the file to apply the password to the template.
Restricting Access to Database by Removing Buttons from Invoice Template
You can remove certain buttons from the invoice template so that, for example, a user of the template can only save new invoices, but will not be able to edit or delete existing invoices. To delete a button from the invoice template:
- Unprotect the Invoic worksheet. (How?)
- Switch to design mode.(How?)
- Click to select a button control.
- Hit DEL key on your keyboard.
- Exit design mode.
- Protect the invoice template.
- Save the template file by clicking Excel menu File -> Save in Excel 2003, or by clicking Office button -> Save in Excel 2007, or by clicking File -> Save in Excel 2010.