Service Invoice Template
This free services invoice template or invoice form calculates line item totals, sales tax, and grand total. The invoice format is designed specially for businesses that don't sell and ship products, like consultants, advisers, solicitors and many other small businesses. If you are selling products, click free Excel Invoice Template. For more similar templates, see Service Invoicing Template or General Service Invoice Template.
Overview of the Free Service Invoice Template
The service invoice template is protected by default, to prevent end-users from overwriting formulas or confusing the formats. In the protected mode, only the cells that are editable, like invoice#, invoice date, customer information on thesection, service items/lines, etc, can be selected and accept user inputs.
Before you can use the service invoice template, the following customizations must be done to make the service invoice template meet your business requirements.
- Unprotect the invoice form.
To unprotect the invoice form in Excel 2000/XP/2003, click Excel menu-> -> .
To unprotect the invoice form in Excel 2007/2010, switch to thetab and then click the button in the group.
- Enter your company name, address, city, state and zip code, as well as contact information, to replace the placeholder text on the top of the form.
- Check the invoice form to replace/modify any other text labels that you want to modify, including tax rate.
- Switch to design mode.
If you are running Excel 2000~2003, switching to design mode can be archived by clicking thebutton on the toolbar. If the toolbar is not visible, click Excel menu -> -> Control Toolbox.
If you are running Excel 2007~2010, switch to design mode by clicking Customizing Invoice Template / Design Mode to find how to display it.button in the group on the . If you cannot find the tab in your Excel 2007 or 2010, see
- After switching to design mode, you can now delete the default LOGO image or replace the default image with your own.
To delete the LOGO image, click it to select it, and then hit DEL key on your keyboard.
To replace the default LOGO image, right-click with your mouse and choose Setting up Company Information, Tax and Database.). Click property, and then the "..." button. Browse to and select your image. Close the dialog box. (More detailed instructions can be found here:
- Exit design mode by clicking the button again.
Protect theworksheet. To do this in Excel 2000~2003, click Excel menu -> -> . Or in Excel 2007~2010, you can find the command in the group of the ribbon tab.
- Save the template by clicking Excel menu -> in Excel 2000~2003, or by clicking button -> Save in Excel 2007, or by clicking -> in Excel 2010.
- September 22, 2011
- June 02, 2012
Small modifications have been made to make the service invoice template display better on wider screens.
Related Invoice Templates
- Excel Invoice Template
- Invoice Template for Transportation / Taxi / Limousine Service Company
- Freight Invoice Template
- General Service Invoice Template with Remittance Advice
- Invoice / Estimate Template for Engineering Service
- Service Invoice Template for Consulting Service Business
- Work Order Template
- Motel Invoice Template
- Tax Invoice Template for Print Shop
- Invoice Template for Car Insurance Agency
- UK VAT Service Invoice Template
- Service invoice with hours and rate
- Service invoice template with Company Name, Fax# and Discount