The result of this tutorial, Creating a Receipt Form, was revised and published on our new site Invoicingtemplates.com, at Payment Receipt Template in the Receipt Template category, as both a free invoice template and a template that works with Uniform Invoice Software. Please visit our new site for the updated documents and download links of this template (Creating a Receipt Form).
A receipt is an acknowledgement that a specified article or sum of money has been received as an exchange for goods or services. In Excel Invoice Manager, you can easily create a receipt form based on the invoice form, by simply displaying all the payment details on the invoice form.
The following tutorial demonstrates the steps required to make the payment details visible on the invoice form.
- Copy your invoice template; name the new file Receipt Form.xls.
- Open the receipt form template in Excel.
- Unprotect the Invoice worksheet. (How?)
- Switch to design mode. (How?)
- Display grid lines and row/column headers. (How?)
- Drag your mouse on the row headers to highlight the rows between the "Total Due" row and the last row. Please see the figure below.
Receipt form - Figure 1 (Click to enlarge)
- Right-click the highlighted row headers, and then choose Unhide from the menu. The Payment Detail section appears.
Receipt form - Figure 2 (Click to enlarge)
- Click Excel menu File -> Print Preview to preview the printed result. In Excel 2007, you can preview the printed result by clicking Office button -> Print -> Print Preview. Or in Excel 2010, click File -> Print.
- Once you finish the designing of the receipt form, hide gridlines and row/column headers.
- Exit design mode.
- Protect the Invoice worksheet.
- Save the template by clicking Excel menu File -> Save in Excel 2000/XP/2003. In Excel 2007, click Office button -> Save. In Excel 2010, click File -> Save.
Click one of the following links to download the receipt form created in this tutorial.