Creating a Receipt Form
A receipt is an acknowledgement that a specified article or sum of money has been received as an exchange for goods or services. In, you can easily create a receipt form based on the invoice form, by simply displaying all the payment details on the invoice form.
The following tutorial demonstrates the steps required to make the payment details visible on the invoice form.
- Copy your invoice template; name the new file .xls.
- Open the receipt form template in Excel.
- Unprotect the How?) worksheet. (
- Switch to design mode. (How?)
- Display grid lines and row/column headers. (How?)
- Drag your mouse on the row headers to highlight the rows between the "Total Due" row and the last row. Please see the figure below.
- Right-click the highlighted row headers, and then choose from the menu. The section appears.
- Click Excel menu -> to preview the printed result. In Excel 2007, you can preview the printed result by clicking button -> -> . Or in Excel 2010, click -> .
- Once you finish the designing of the receipt form, hide gridlines and row/column headers.
- Exit design mode.
- Protect the worksheet.
- Save the template by clicking Excel menu -> in Excel 2000/XP/2003. In Excel 2007, click button -> . In Excel 2010, click -> .
Click one of the following links to download the receipt form created in this tutorial.