This version of the document, "Quick Start", was written for Excel Invoice Manager, which was now renamed to Uniform Invoice Software. For the latest version of this document, please download Uniform Invoice Software.
Here is a step-by-step quick example demonstrating how to create a customer, a product and an invoice in the Excel Invoice Manager system.
- Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Office-Kit.com -> Excel Invoice Manager -> INVOICE.xls to open the invoice workbook. This invoice template connects to the default Sample.mdb database. As the name implies, this database contains sample data.
- Click and activate the Invoice worksheet.
The invoice form on the default invoice template
(Click to enlarge)
- Click the Customers button on the Invoice worksheet to open the Customers window.
Customers data list window (Click to enlarge)
- Click the Add Customer button on the Customers window.
- Fill in your customer information in the New Customer window. This window provides a number of fields, but only the Name field is required. The name can be either a person's name or a company name, such as "ABC Company". Click Save Changes button to save this customer. The window caption is set to Customer Edit, and a customer ID is generated automatically if left blank.
Customers Edit window (Click to enlarge)
- Press the Esc key twice to close the Customer Edit window and Customers window.
- Click the Products button on the Invoice worksheet to open the Products window.
Products data list window (Click to enlarge)
- Click the Add Product button to open the New Product window.
New Product window (Click to enlarge)
- Fill in the description, price and stock information in this window. Click Save Changes button to save the new product.
- Press the Esc key twice to close the Product Edit and Products window.
- Now it's time to create your first invoice.On the Invoice worksheet, click the Select Customer icon button (the magnifier icon) near the Bill To label.
- In the Customers selection dialog box, double click the customer name ABC Company to select this customer into the Invoice worksheet.
Select a customer (Click to enlarge)
Note: If you know the ID value of the customer, you can also enter the ID value into the Customer ID cell to retrieve all the fields of the customer. This feature is called In-Cell Lookup.
- On the invoice body area, click the Select Product icon button on the first row to display the Products selection dialog box. Double click to select a product.
Select a product (Click to enlarge)
Note: If you know the ID value of the product, you can also enter the ID value into the Product ID cell to retrieve all the fields of the product.
- Fill in the Quantity (and Unit Price, if needed) field on the same row.
- Click the Save To DB button on the Invoice worksheet to save the invoice. An invoice ID is generated automatically if left blank.
Invoice form with data filled in (Click to enlarge)
- If you want to print the invoice, just click the Print button on the Invoice worksheet. Here is an example of the printed invoice.
Printed invoice form (Click to enlarge)
That's it! You have successfully created a new invoice!