Using the Search Bar
The search bar on thewindow, window, and window consists of two list box controls, one text box control, and several command buttons. To search all records meeting your specific criterion, follow the steps below:
(For Example: Let's say you open thewindow and want to find all customers whose name contains Off):
- Select a search field from the first list box. In this example, you select Name from the first list box.
- Select a search operator from the second list box. The search operators you can select vary according to the type of the field you selected in the first list box. For text field, the operators you can use are: , , , , , . For a numeric field, the allowed operators are: , , and . In this demonstration example, you select from the second list box.
- Enter the search key value in the text box. In this example, you enter Off.
- Click the button. The data list will display all records meeting your criterion.
- To display all records again (i.e. remove the criterion), click the button.
- If you click the button, the current search options in the field name box and search operator box will be saved. For example, in the Products data list window, if you select Product Name from the search field box, and select Contains from the search operator box, and then click the button, these options are saved. After that, each time you open the Products window or Product-Selection window, these options are restored.