Working with Excel 2007-2010
Here is a screen shot excerpted from an Excel 2007 system running on Windows Vista.
File Format of the Invoice Template
In 2007 Microsoft Office system, Microsoft is introducing new file formats for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, known as the Office Open XML formats. In Office Excel 2007, the default format for an Excel workbook is the Office Excel 2007 XML-based file format (.xlsx).
The standard template (INVOICE.xls) shipped with Excel Invoice Manager installer is still in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format. You can open and work with the template directly in Excel 2007 without any problems, but the title bar of Excel 2007 window displays the words.
If you don't need to move the template to other computers that are running previous versions of Excel, you can save it in the following new formats supported by Excel 2007.
|.xlsx||Excel 2007 XML-based file format|
|.xlsb||Excel 2007 Binary (or BIFF12) file format|
|.xlsm||Excel 2007 XML-based and macro-enabled file format|
To convert a template into a new format:
- Open the template in Excel 2007.
- Click the located in the up-left corner of Excel's main window.
- Click .
- Click on the warning message dialog displayed by .
- Choose a file format in the dialog. Enter your new file name, say .
- Click to save the template.
Exporting Data to Excel Workbook File
Starting with Version 2.6 Build 1010, Excel Invoice Manager allows you to export the data in all the data list windows, including Customers, Products and Invoices windows, by clicking thebutton located in the group of the command list bar.
If you are running Excel 2007, a new optionis available on the dialog where you can enter the new Excel workbook file name.
Changing Default File Format
By default all files created byare in the default format of your Excel. You can change this setting by following the steps below:
- Click Excel menu: button -> .
- Choose " " from the left column.
- In the right pane, choose " " from the "Save file in this format" list.
- Click .
- Now the default format of your Excel 2007 is " ".