This version of the document, "Receipt Template / Invoice Template with Discount Validation for Gold Shop / Jeweler Shop", was written for Excel Invoice Manager, which was now renamed to Uniform Invoice Software. For the latest version of this document, please download Uniform Invoice Software.
Invoice Template / Receipt Template with Discount Validation for Jeweler Shop / Gold Shop was revised and published on our new site InvoicingTemplate.com, at Receipt Template for Gold Shop (1), as both a free invoice template and a template that works with Uniform Invoice Software. On invoicing templates "Receipt Template for Gold Shop (1)" is categorized as "Receipt Template". Please visit our new site for the updated documents and download links of this template (Invoice Template / Receipt Template with Discount Validation for Jeweler Shop / Gold Shop).
Tip:Download the free invoice template from the bottom of this page.
This invoice template is created for an imaginary jeweler shop who sales gold products. The detailed requirements are as follows.
- First, it needs a field with the rate for gold for that day. All the products sold by this shop will then be calculated based on this rate. In other words, "Rate" is the current gold rate for that day, so you should be able to change this when needed.
- On the invoice body only the prod code, description, weight and cost of product should show.
- Above the "total" it should have a ""Discount" field that you can enter any amount as long as it does not break the validation.
- The fields "Making cost", and "Weight" are not manually entered, but in the sense related to the products. I.e. a gold ring, a product, having a product code, a weight, a making cost ... these fields will be in the new product table.
- It does not need the "Bill To" or "Ship To" and all of its related fields.
- It does not need the tax fields appearing between the subtotal and total.
- A sample item on the invoice body looks like this.
|Prod code||Description||Weight(g)||Making cost||Cost of Product|
- The "Weight" field is implemented as a custom field. It can be set via the Product Edit window, and is filled in automatically when you select a product.
- "Bill To" and "Ship To" sections and all related fields are moved out of the Print_Area.
- Since the program does not allow you to save an invoice without a "CustomerID" and a "CustomerName", it created a pseudo-customer.
- The ""Discount" field added above "TOTAL" is also implemented as a custom field. Note this cell has an Excel validation set to ensure you enter a correct value.
Tip: To set a validation in Excel 2003, click the cell for which you want to set the validation, and then click Excel menu Data -> Validation. In Excel 2010, the similar command can be found on Data ribbon tab 闁?gt; Data Tools group.
- In this implementation, the validation set for the "Discount" field is as follows: "Decimal", "Less than", "=oknXDiscount". This means that the discount value entered must be less than oknXDiscount.
- "oknXDiscount" is the max discount you can set without causing an error or warning. It is calculated with the following formula:
Modify the above formula to implement your own validation.
- You can move any cells without breaking the invoice template / receipt template. To move a cell, click to select it, and then drag on the cell border to move it to a new location.
- To add your own logo image and company information, visit Setting up Company Information, Tax and Database.
Click the link below to download the free invoice template / receipt template for jeweler shop / gold shop.