Invoices Show Status of Paid
A. Don't apply payment to invoice
If you need to keep an invoice pending, don't click thebutton on the window that pops up after you click .
If you don't want to see thewindow after clicking , then uncheck the " " option on the tab of the window that can be opened by clicking the button on the worksheet.
If an invoice was made paid incorrectly, you can delete the payment record by going to thewindow. To open the window, click the button on the worksheet and then double-click the invoice in question.
B. oknBalanceDue Cell Name and Formula
An invoice is marked as paid if its oknBalanceDue cell is zero or the cell name is missing.
If you clickand the invoice is marked as paid automatically, it might be that the cell name is deleted, or the formula of the cell has been removed.
To fix it, you can either download the default template here, or you can also restore the cell and its formula manually.
- Make sure the unprotected. worksheet is
- Click to select an unused cell.
- Type " " into the name box on the formula bar. If cell name already exists, Microsoft Excel will select and active that cell; otherwise, the current selected cell will be named .
- Make sure the
Please note the above formula is suitable for the default invoice template only. If you are using a heavily-customized template, please use a formula that could correctly calculate the balance for your invoices.
cell has the following formula:
- Save the invoice template once you have done the modifications.
- You might need to recover those invoices that were incorrectly marked as paid. Please see this document to find out how to Editing Paid Invoices.
TIP: If you don't want the Customizing Invoice Templatecell to appear on your printed invoices, removing cell name or its formula is not the correct way. Instead, you can move the cell/cells out of the . Please see: